With the summer months upon us and the mercury rising, how is your building’s HVAC system performing? If it’s not up to scratch then there may be a very good reason.
Inefficient air-handling equipment may struggle to achieve the required indoor conditions, resulting in rising energy bills and increased maintenance requirement – not to mention an uncomfortable, unproductive and unhappy workforce.
Biofilm is a slimy substance caused by a build-up of contaminants such as mould, bacteria and viruses which thrives in the damp environment of an HVAC system’s air handling unit (AHU). If left untreated, biofilm can present a threat to the health and wellbeing of building occupants while reducing the HVAC system’s efficiency.
Applying ultraviolet-C (UVC) light to the cooling coil of an air handling unit destroys biofilm and returns performance to as-built at a fraction of the cost of a new HVAC system.
The installation of UVC technology from Gibbons Ultraviolet Solutions will significantly improve the overall efficiency of your building’s HVAC system, leading to:
- Improved control and maintenance of building temperature
- Reduced running costs
- Lower CO2 emissions
- Improved air system hygiene
- Reduced corrosion leading to extended life of cooling coils
- Decreased maintenance of the chilled water pumps and chillers
- Running less chillers for the cooling load
- Lower chilled water flow rates
- Higher chilled water delta-T
- Compliance with the WELL Building Standard
Call Colin Hardman on 07940 544 206 or email email@example.com to arrange a convenient time to discuss how we can help you achieve all of the above – and more.